I finished Eclipse yesterday (after another all-nighter because I couldn't sleep - again! :) )
Any other Edward and Alice lovers willing to discuss the three books through the blog? :) Believe it or not, I have more to say!
**You may not want to read further comments if you haven't read through Eclipse. I don't want us to spoil it for you.
Sunday, October 7, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I would love to continue the discussion of our lovely duo. Especially since I didn't get to talk to you about the last book. Do you think the third book could have ended there?
First, to answer your question, yes, I do think the third book could have ended there. Of course we're curious about the wedding and Bells'a impending vampireness, but I could happily keep those in my head. I'm interested to see her outtake, of how she would have ended Eclipse if it was going to be the last book.
Now on to other thoughts. When I finished "Eclipse",I was a bit disappointed. I actually felt that Jacob would have been the better choice - to allow Bella to be herself instead of being responsible and making others happy. And I didn't like Edward as much - he'd lost the chuckle of the Twilight Edward who found the human world around him so amusing.
So, very uncharacteristically of me, I read them again. This time I focused on the characters instead of the plot, another thing I've never done, but it was quite interesting.
I'll wait to hear comments before including my character analysis. Anyone up for another face to face discussion on the series? A lunch? :)
Now, maybe I can move back into reality and on to "The Lemon Tree"! :)
For the Edward-Alice-Bella lovers that actually read this blog and that I haven't contacted in other ways...
Twilight luncheon (to discuss the series)
Oct. 31
12:00 pm
Natasha's house
Bring a salad, soup, or other luncheon item to share.
Children will play in the basement.
Hope to see you there!
Catharine & I both agree - we'd like to have an Edward in our lives. :)
That must be why we can't let it go!
Here is a list of predictions for Book IV from our luncheon discussion. Some of these are mutually exclusive, but we thought it would be fun to have a record of what we saw as possibilities.
-the wedding never happens
-a more permanent truce & agreement between the Cullens & the Quiliute werewolves
-the Cullens defeat the Volturi and take over as the most powerful group of vampires
-Bella doesn't become a vampire until she is too close to death to be saved any other way (Volturi attack at the wedding?)
-we see the trauma & violence of Bella's 1st vampire year
-Jacob imprints (& can then move beyond his love for Bella)
-Bella marries Jacob, becomes a mother, then later becomes a vampire (the I-can-have-it-all scenario)
Post a Comment