Thursday, September 13, 2007

Back to the last book...

I have been listening to my book instead of reading it and this makes it difficult to go back over things. I am a little confused and don't remember from our conversation just what was said about ultra pasteurized milk. Is there something wrong with it other than not being able to make cheese from it? And I also don't see any milks that are ultra pasteurized other than the small cartons. Wasn't it being said that all the milk here was all ultra pasteurized and that it wouldn't be good to make cheese? Or is the milk "Deans" acceptable for making cheese?

If anyone can clarify this I would appreciate it.

1 comment:

Mah-velous Marcie said...

My assumption (with no research to back it up) is that if pasteurizing milk destroys the proteins and enzymes needed to make cheese, it also destroys them before our body can use them.

I haven't looked in the stores, so I can't help you on what milk brands would be acceptable to use.

Hope that's a bit helpful!